Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Ground on Which I Stand by August Wilson

This speech, given by August Wilson at the Theater Communications Group meeting in 1996, is one of many articles, organizations and people who have inspired the vision for Project1VOICE. I came across this and a copy of Alice Childress' TROUBLE IN MIND and my life was changed for good and for the better.   This speech is a call to action that puts the onus of preserving our history on us!  I hope it inspires you as much as it has all of us at Project1VOICE.

We encourage your comments and thoughts.

All the best my friends!

Preserving the legacy and tradition of Black theater is in all our hands!

Erich McMillan-McCall
Founder/Executive Director of Project1VOICE, INC

http://www.nathanielturner.com/groundonwhichistand.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment